Sunday, April 12, 2020

Saturday - A Day Late

The usual things go on around here. Have coffee and some kind of breakfast. Read the paper.

Have lunch. I outdid myself. I fixed tuna and noodles and scalloped cabbage. I think the second one was first made in eighth grade cooking class. Lee really likes both of those dishes.

Well, with the chopping, boiling, combining and baking, I was ready for a nap. It turned out to be almost a full night's sleep.

In other words, my night is from right after lunch till six hours later. I am not liking this and I really plan to do something about it. After this craziness, I am up half the night watching old movies on TCM.

So today after sleeping a few more hours until about 7:00 a.m., I ordered groceries online. The only other time we did this we picked them up at the store. That usually has a charge of $4.95, but Dillons (Krogers) has dropped that charge during this "stay at home time." The time we could have picked it up on Wednesday was the time of Lee's appointment with the doctor! I changed it to Home Delivery for $9.95 and it will be here this afternoon between 2:00 and 3:00. The last time I remember getting food delivered was in the 1930's when the milk man came by.

Later:  The groceries arrived at 3:45 !  What a deal! Thank you, Dillon's (Kroger's)



4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! Hope all your groceries get delivered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 3:36 and so far it's a no show!

      Delete
    2. 3:45 was the magic number. All arrived. All available - mostly canned goods and fruit.

      Delete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful Easter. I've been trying to get a grocery pick up time for 9 days. Finally I set my alarm for midnight, 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. to check for openings as I was told they open up times during the night. At 4 a.m. I finally got a pick up time for tomorrow morning between 10-11. I spent a lot, almost $200 and that's a lot for the two of us, but I hope it gets us enough to keep us for a month or so.

    I'm glad you got your groceries delivered "almost" on time. Delivery would be wonderful but it costs an arm and a leg here.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete