Monday, April 27, 2020

Monday Could Be the Best Day

I had my grocery list. I hadn't ordered online since Easter so I was rusty on the site.

I finally got everything ordered and couldn't find the site to view my "cart." Finally I found it - after signing out and figuring I had deleted the whole thing.

The choice for delivery to our porch was two hours or five hours. I picked five. It was two minutes till 10:00. The estimate was between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm.

About forty-five minutes later the doorbell rang. Groceries were here! I could hardly believe it. We got everything we ordered in the food category.  Some Air Wyck thingy was broken accidentally so we didn't get that but we were not charged for it.

Putting it all away was almost fun. What a system! It's back to the twenties and thirties when they delivered milk to your door and groceries if you wanted the store to do that!

4 comments:

  1. I did a grocery pick up order today to be picked up Wednesday morning. I was surprised to get the store close to our home. Last time I had to drive across town. Several things I wanted are still not available so I think I'll have to go to another store too.
    I'm glad you got all of your food products you wanted. I can't seem to find egg noodles, rice or juice anywhere online.
    Take care!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice they brought them to you. You may want to continue this after we are unchained!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a charge for delivery but the pick up at the store is free. Before the virus, there was also a charge to pick up but it was half the price of the delivery. ($9.95 and $4.95)

      Delete
  3. Yeah for home delivery! That store is really on the ball!

    ReplyDelete