Saturday, April 18, 2020

Helpers?

Today we had to make a trip to the drug store to get an item Lee needed for his health. We both wore masks. I stayed in the car as usual. He left the van and a middle aged woman WITHOUT a mask approached him and took his arm and helped him into the building. She even offered to wait and help him back to the car! He declined. People are very nice and thoughtful - except where was  her mask?

As he came out, another woman, slightly older than the first, approached him and offered to help. He said no, he was fine. As she passed the window on the passenger side she told me that he hadn't wanted to accept her help. She was probably a foot away from him - with his mask on.

I would probably do it, but he wouldn't; "Please back away six feet."

Don't tell me people are all complying. As I sat there, most of the older people were wearing masks but none of the teen age types were. And these two nice, helpful women who evidently don't have a clue.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been out except to pick up groceries at Walmarts pickup so I haven't even left the car. I have no idea if people are wearing masks around here but it's sad to hear that they aren't where you are. It's nice the ladies wanted to help, but I really don't think people are "getting it."
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee must attract women who want to help him:) From what I have seen which isn't much is that old people wear masks and younger ones do not ,,,that was at the grocery pickup area.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Both on Lee and the mask wearers!

      Delete