Monday, April 6, 2020

An Old Trivet

This was in the photo yesterday under the carrots. I was making this sixty-eight years ago this summer. Each of those circles enclose a soda pop cap. (We called it pop here in the middle of the country. I know - elsewhere it's "soda." There are Grapette and Orange Soda tops in there.

It does look like I might need to wash it. I guess I was afraid it would rust before it dried.

This was part of the stuff I was doing to use when we got married in August. Met him in April, married in August.  And they said it wouldn't last.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you should try that again! I recall something similar some place deep in my brain at someones house:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandma used to make those too. It has obviously withstood the test of time, along with the marriage!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete