Thursday, April 23, 2020

Chili in April

We like chili any time of the year. So I made a batch yesterday. Lee announced it delicious. I told him to thank Mrs. McCormick. I do add some other stuff - a shot of Liquid Smoke, a couple of shakes of Worcestershire Sauce, celery, green pepper, onions and of course canned tomatoes and kidney beans.

We are so easily pleased.

Today it will be Beef Stew. And then, leftovers for a while. With soup and sandwiches in between.

I read that we should eat a 1 1/4 vegetables every day and a cup of fruit daily. We don't quite meet that requirement but we're still here and eating.

5 comments:

  1. Your chili sounds very similar to what I make. Yum!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Do you remember the Coney Island cafe on Main north of the Landmark - or was that before your time? They had a sauce they put on a hot dog and called it a Coney Island.

      Delete
    2. I'm afraid that is before my time...:)

      Delete