Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Dog(s) Gone

I think it was Sunday. We were taking out the trash and somehow the garage door was left open. Two small, rescued dogs hit the road chasing some cats that Someone is feeding in our garage. We cannot walk or run fast enough to chase them. So Someone started out on his battery powered chair. I got in the van and we started to search.

We came to a drive way and parking area where I could drive up to the edge and look east into a field. Lee had gotten in the van by now. I got out, leaving the car run. I wobbled up to the fence that was open in many places. No dogs in sight. Back to the car. I couldn't get the gear shift out of park!
Good grief! What else? Lee looked disgusted and started to get out and come around to the driver side. He doesn't drive any longer but I'm sure he thought his strength could make it work.

Suddenly I realized the car wasn't running. Well, heck! I had left it run on purpose. So I told him. He came back to the passenger side and climbed in. I asked him why he had turned the ignition off. He thought he heard a dog bark. It would have been nice if he had told me that.

After many trips around the neighborhood and telling three different people who were walking about the missing dogs, we headed back home. Looking straight west from our drive, I saw the three walkers and the two little untrained, mutts, rescued dogs running toward us! We waved our thanks to the unknown neighbors and got the two tired dogs into the house.

That was not a fun day. Tired and stressed out was the result of that caper.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What an adventure. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that but it's good that you got the dogs back in the end. Thank goodness for good neighbors!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Eating us out of house and home and sleeping in the garage.

      Delete