Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Slow Mail

A week ago today I sent a puffy envelope to New Jersey. I couldn't believe it didn't arrive by Monday. Well, it finally got to the east coast today with Postage Due stamped on the envelope.

I thought the postman collected postage due amounts at the door. Not in this case. And the amount due was not stamped on the envelope. Maybe the incorrect number of stamps (one) slowed the progress. I guess we'll never know. Maybe one of us will get a bill in the mail for another fifty cents due.

Strange government ways . . .

2 comments:

  1. They leave us an envelope to put the required money in:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never gotten anything with postage due on it but I have had mail returned to me to add more stamps to. Then they said the original stamp was cancelled so I had to take it off and put a new one on.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete