Wednesday, March 25, 2020

A Trip to An "Empty" Hospital

Every eight weeks I get a boost to my immune system at our local regional medical center, formerly called a hospital.

Today there are large signs: NO VISITORS.

At the door I was met by two nurses behind a table that blocks entry to the rest of the lobby. I stated why I was there, my name and answered their questions. I was given a tag to wear that said Outpatient Visitor. The nurse advised me to sit down in a chair and wait. Suddenly she said, "Oh no. You can go on up."  So I did.

The walk to the elevators was without people. There were no people in the elevators nor in the infusion area. I was the first patient of the day at 1:00 p.m.

While following the instructions, I completely forgot that I'm supposed to check in at the admitting desk. As I told the nurses at infusion, any little change in routine makes me forget  the former requirements!  I could always say, "I was just following orders."

They called admitting and told her I was there. On the way out, I signed in.

I wonder what the changes will be after the next two months.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got your treatment but I'm also glad you don't have to go back for 2 months. Hopefully we'll be past the worst of this by then. I don't like changes either. I get all discombobulated.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you are done for two months. We go once a week...Far Guy does anyways I stay in the car and wait. :)

    ReplyDelete