Saturday, July 25, 2020

The Phone

We have had problems with our house phone. When it rained, there was only static. It was reported and checked several times by technicians. No problem was found. Last week we weren't getting any calls - political or otherwise - so I knew something must be wrong again. It was not raining.

Another nice gentleman came out checked it out and got it to work. Yesterday, no calls. Today it rang once and stopped. The person knew our cell number so he called it. He said your phone rang once and disconnected.

So I tried it. Same thing. I called our provider, asking to just disconnect our phone and leave us with the internet and television! He apologized for the problems and then told me what the bill would be without the "bundle." The amount went down. Yes! Contrary to what I had been told by every other employee, it did not go up. I do hope he is correct. Now I can't wait for the next bill to see if he knows his stuff! 

About five hours later, I decided to call the house phone to see if I get a disconnect message. It rang through perfectly, the answering machine answered and I am now aware that if you want it fixed, just tell them to cancel.

3 comments:

  1. Yes it seems to work that way! We have a bundle too...and i often think we should get rid of the land line:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were told the same thing and since Dennis needs the fastest internet for work we stuck with the bundle until I canceled it all last week because of the move. Now I'm waiting for our refund that we were supposed to get withing 3-5 days. That didn't happen.
    We rarely got calls on the landline anyway. Just political and junk calls.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used a landline since the mid-1980s when my dad still had one at his house, and we never had a phone of any kind (by choice) until about 2007 when the kids set us up with a cellphone on their plan. We've never had a bundle of anything... unless it was nerves lol.

    ReplyDelete