Monday, July 6, 2020

Let Your Little Light Shine

Can you see the small purple lighter among the double crochet stitches? Lee spotted something reflecting light in the lower part of a chair. Our older son and his wife gave us the couch and chair when we moved to Texas in 2006. Honestly, I have used the vacuum on that chair more than once. My excuse is the lighter was wedged in the lower part between the cushion and the wooden arm. How Lee happened to see it, is really amazing. (He has very sharp eyes.) It is about one fourth full of fluid. No leaking and thank goodness no fire. Maybe it fell out of someone's pocket. Lee and I don't smoke. A doctor who was treating me for bronchitis and allergies in Dodge City about sixty-five years ago asked me if I smoked. When I answered, "No." He said, "Good thing. You wouldn't be alive much longer if you did." 

Don't you love an honest doctor? 

So we are lucky to have found the lost lighter after fourteen years. I may put it on the knick-knack shelf.

Oh. The afghan is one huge Granny Square with all the colors I had left over and a few new ones.

2 comments: