Thursday, July 9, 2020

Grocery Pick Up

Yesterday was the day to pick up groceries. We got everything but olives. Hmmmm. The total was $84.84. I think we are spending  much less by doing this ordering by computer!

After hauling them home and putting them away, I as ready for a nap. It was a short one - two hours.

So this morning, nothing was on the calendar except a mechanic coming between nine and eleven to pick up the car.

For lunch I made the Jiffy corn bread casserole that we usually have at Christmas. It's so easy The main reason I did it was that when I ordered cottage cheese online, I accidentally clicked on a carton of sour cream. Looking at pictures instead of reading will cause an error. The corn bread and corn was delicious and a nice side dish for a change. Google has several versions of the recipe. I picked the simplest one.

No nap so far today. Yay!


4 comments:

  1. I think I am spending less also...mainly because they are out of items and we make do without! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cornbread casserole sounds delicious. Yum! I was spending more when ordering online because I was trying to stock up to prepare if things ran out. Boy, did that backfire. Now we're moving into a camping trailer and have nowhere to put it all!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make Jiffy corn bread corn casserole... and add a tiny bit of jalapeno to perk it up. Not for the faint of heart... er, stomach, lol. Jiffy mixes are one of the best inventions!

    ReplyDelete