Wednesday, July 29, 2020

A First for Me

Today I had an appointment with "infectious control." This happens every six months unless I have a problem. I got a phone call early from that office asking me if I had a cell phone and what version it is (model? type? etc.?) I wish I knew these things. We got it figured out and I was facing the nurse! They would be calling about 9:00.

History was made when I was called into an appointment with a doctor EARLY. About twenty minutes till nine my phone rang. We connected on their app and I was interviewed. We reviewed prescriptions, weight, conditions etc. It was quite nice. I think if a patient is having no symptoms, this is the future of routine check-ups. Of course, if you need to see someone, that should be arranged .

Welcome to the future.

4 comments:

  1. I've had my last three appointments with the neurologist online and I've been grateful not to have to go into the office and face possible exposure to the virus. My next appt. in August is supposed to be in person but since the numbers are going up here, I'm hoping I can do it online again. I think you're right, this is the future routine. I like it. Much less wasted time!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far Guy has had three appointments conducted online. It works well...no driving to town waiting in a clinic full of sick people:) Happy you got it figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been doing our appointments on Zoom (on my laptop) since March. We like it that way so much better than going in and always having to wait way past the scheduled time to see the doctor. This is much better and safer! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first time they offered it to me! Hope some others do .Fortunately I only have three doctors. Remember when we only had one - a G P?

      Delete