Sunday, February 2, 2020

What It Was, Was Football

Anybody who is an Andy Griffith fan might remember an album he put out in the early 1950's describing different events as viewed by an innocent Southern boy. He describes the game as those guys running  in to one another and as soon as one was knocked down, they carried him off and sent in another one.

And that's what it was today. Football. I was greatly unimpressed by our team in the first quarter. But, they came through in the end.

This is how it went at our house: We both sat propped up in bed, watching the game. In the middle of thefourth quarter, Lee accidentally hit the rewind, repeat, back-up or whatever it's called on the remote. (I do not like this feature.) The Chiefs had had the ball and suddenly the  Forty Niners were in possession! What happened?. Suddenly I realized this looked very familiar. We were in the "delay" frame!

I got out of bed and went into the computer room where the tv was in the right mode. I watched the  game to the end. Back to the bedroom where Lee was so unexcited by the game that he was asleep. I woke him up and told him, "You have to watch this." So I got to see it again and he got to see it.

I guess that rewind feature could be an asset in some cases.

4 comments:

  1. Happy your team won. Our family in Nebraska and Montana are happy too, they were all hoping for a Chiefs win. We really don't care one way or another as we don't watch sports at all. Instead, we went out to dinner at Applebee's with a gift card I received for my birthday. The restaurant was almost empty which was really nice. Very quiet. Then we went to the grocery store. It was empty too on a Sunday evening which is very unusual. Everyone was watching the game of big boys chasing a ball around a field. It sure made our evening less crowded and easier to buy groceries. :-)
    But, I AM glad your team won my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for your team. Neither of us knew who was playing we had to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL We sure knew around here - and we had relatives on the opposite coasts, cheering for the opposing teams who were playing in Florida!

      Delete