Thursday, February 20, 2020

Same Woman?


This was a dear friend of my mom. I love the first one. It was  probably taken in the 1920's. I also love the decorated cardboard frame. She lived in Texas. Is that a Saguaro cactus on the left? I was thinking they were only in Arizona. (Google says Saguaro cacti only grow in the Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and western Sonora, Mexico, with a few stray saguaros in California. The saguaro cactus does not grow in Texas. It is a common misconception that the saguaro grows throughout the west.Mar 29, 2019)

In the "Lady with a mop" photo, she is shown cleaning up after some kind of gas stove exploded. I hope the gas was turned off because of the cigarette. You can tell they had fun - but what is the deal with the gun propped against the wall?

3 comments:

  1. I love old photos. I have several of my parents and grandparents in the same type of frame. I thought I had seen saguaro cactus in Texas when I was there, but I guess I was wrong!
    A gun in Texas? I would be more unusual to NOT have one! That's the way it is up here too.
    Happy Thursday!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Art Deco frames /folders were the bomb, I have seen many different designs. ..love her hair
    She must have been a fun gal...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was and I loved seeing "Aunt Edith" come to visit.

      Delete