Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Trip Out

The title sounds like something from the sixties. All I meant was, a journey to the store which means I left the house!

I grabbed my bunch of bags from the back of the van! Usually I leave them at home but thinking ahead, I had placed several in the car. I went for only a few items and before 8:30 is the time to go! I could stop and look without blocking anyone's path. I bought more than I planned but they are saying (and not saying) we may (or may not) get a little snow.

It was amazing that what I bought filled up the five bags I grabbed! I did see a funny thing on the internet about not using plastic bags to carry out purchases when everything we buy is shrink- wrapped, on a plastic tray or in a plastic bottle. We do recycle but the grocery bags are not recyclable here.  I use them for garbage.

We'll wait for the next forecast to see if they are right (or wrong.)

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking the same thing. Everyone is making such a fuss about the bags, when nearly everything I buy is in plastic of some sort. And I reuse those bags for lots of things. I even have crocheted sleeping mats for the homeless and camping rugs from them!
    I agree to going to the store early. It's so much easier.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go on Mondays not as many people in our stores that day of the week. I use reusable bags too but like the paper grocery bags for my paper recycles, yes there is lots of plastic in the store:(

    ReplyDelete