Tuesday, February 18, 2020

A Chance at a Prize?

For the second time in a week I have received a letter from Publisher's Clearing House. In the first one they encouraged me to enter. "Not necessary to buy anything to win," but they suggest that surely you will find something you'd like in the dozens of offers.

Well, we did! Lee has been  wanting one of the see through visors to cut down glare both during the day and at night. Since we don't go anywhere at night, we'll get to cut the glare from only the sun.

Today I get another fat envelop from the same company with many more offers and the news that in order not to lose my winning number, I need to buy something. In the first place they didn't have my name spelled correctly. On the first letter everything was correct.

I think with a wrong letter and an extra L in my last name - plus the wrong street address,  it might be hard to claim the BIG prize.

So even though my chance is 1 in 6,000,000,000, I guess I'll just let my winning number be lost.

Is that six trillion?                    

3 comments:

  1. My MIL always, always sent those letters in and always bought something too. She never won. I just toss them in the trash. Wishing you luck on your first entry.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rechecked the number of zeros and it's ne chance in 6 Billion - not trillion. I'm not familiar with all those 0's.

      Delete