Thursday, February 13, 2020

Mail

Today it was 8 degrees when I woke up at 5:00 a.m. I think it finally made it up to 17. I have not been outside except to grab the newspaper off the porch.

I did not plan to walk to the curb to get the mail. There are still some slick spots on the driveway and Someone didn't think I  would be able to avoid them so he suggested I not try to put a letter out. About 11:00 the doorbell rang. This is such a rare occasion that the dogs were in shock. I grabbed my letter and went to the door. Sure enough! It was our mailman. He had an envelope that was too big for our rural mailbox.

I gave him my outgoing mail and thanked him for the delivery to the door!

It was from the VFW.  Three bags for getting groceries or toting stuff! Very colorful and sturdy.  Very pleased with them.

Oh yes.  They were not free. 

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you had "front door" service! I'm glad you didn't try to walk to the mailbox. Your new bags are great and look pretty sturdy too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 10:10 AM it is a sunny 11 degrees here on the Island (Maine). I have just been out to feed the birds but I don't intend to do so again. I have already fallen once on the ice this Winter. Hit my head and pulled a muscle in the back of my leg!💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking bags! Happy Valentines Day! :)

    ReplyDelete