Saturday, May 2, 2020

Skipped another Day

Yesterday was a trip to the clinic for a simple check-up. I had cancelled an appointment but when I made a mistake and called my pulmonologist to check on a medication he had ordered, they switched me to our newer GP. Dang! You can't fool those people.

So then they called me back and wanted me to come in. Nothing has changed so why go? But I did.

Lab work - ok. Everything - ok.  Most people at the clinic had face masks but there always a few rebels.

So we had a nice visit with one of the PA's. Our doctor has two Physician Assistants and now no nurses. They have laid off all the nurses in their area. So one week the PA I saw "helps" the other one and vice versa next week.

What a strange case we are experiencing. Is it a Chinese curse that says, "May you live in interesting times?"

Later: I looked up the Chinese curse and it is only a story started in the 1930's. No link to any Chinese origin can be found after research according to Wikipedia.

5 comments:

  1. Glad your Dr. visit was fine. Alls well that ends well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had to go out amongst the people with no masks:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were only a few patients and all the employees were masked.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a good visit but sorry some had no masks on. How odd that nurses are being laid off when we are in a health crisis. Who would have thought?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like funny fortune cookie to me!

    ReplyDelete