Friday, May 15, 2020

Early Rumbling

I went to bed very early last night. We have no schedule here. When we are tired, we sleep. When we are hungry, we eat.

So about 4:00 a.m. I woke up hearing this continual rumbling sound. Someone had turned on the tv so I thought it was coming from the movie that was showing. I found the remote and hit the mute button. Still rumbles!

Finally I figured out it was constant thunder. Not the loud crashing kind; just low and never stopping.
I have never heard that before in Kansas. As I write this four and a half hours later, I have the thought, "Is that the sound of a tornado that people refer to as a train approaching?

I looked out the window and it was a real downpour. We won't have to water for a while. Our great neighbor to the north has the yard looking beautiful. He mows and he even fertilized a while back. Such good people surround us here on all sides.

2 comments:

  1. I miss those sounds of thunder. We rarely have thunderstorms here although they are predicted for Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sometimes have continual thunder here in the summer a real party in the sky. I have heard the train sound only once and it was very scary, the tornado passed over us I was taking clothes off the line and oldest daughter was putting her horse away...I screamed to get in the house and by the time we got all the dogs in we had two then it was over, the tornado touched down across the lake from us, it took down a large tree at our waters edge. It sounds like a really loud train:(

    ReplyDelete