Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday Already?

I must have lost a day. I woke up feeling not so alert yesterday so after I had some breakfast, I just went back to bed. About eleven I got up and put the roast in the small crockpot. With the potatoes, carrots and onion, that may have been a mistake. Five hours on high and we had a delicious supper. It didn't run over but the liner broke so I had a different clean up job.

I didn't tell my room mate that we didn't get an eye of the round roast which is what he prefers. They substituted a chuck roast which he considers too fat. I cut off all the fat after it was slow cooked and it was very good. He evidently didn't notice any difference and I am not about to mention it.

I checked the receipt from the grocer and they did not charge us for the roast! Hmmmmm. I knew if they had to substitute something that was more expensive, they would only charge the lower price but I didn't know that they might give a "sub" away!  It's almost like the lottery only this time we won.

So today I will make hash out of what it left with a jar of gravy (how lazy can you get? I could hear my mom saying, "Canned gravy!!!!" if she had ever heard of such a thing.

5 comments:

  1. The roast sounds delicious. I've tried to order one three times on my pick-up and they just say "out of stock". So no roast at our house. Hash sounds great too. I'm going to make homemade egg noodles and we'll have chicken and noodles tonight.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love home made noodles. My daughter-in-law makes them and so did my mom. I have tried but usually bought Rhodes frozen!

      Delete
  2. I am not particular when it comes to cuts of beef! We had a chuck roast this week and it was wonderful! I always make extra potatoes so we can make hash the next day...with gravy I always make extra gravy too! I have never tried canned gravy...I buy the packets of Brown Gravy Mix that I add to the meat juices. I skim off most of the fat if there is any. But we need a little fat to stay warm up here!
    I got free toothpaste this week...who knew! There must have been two different pickers getting groceries:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes things break the customer's way!

      Delete
  3. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. contact cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com.. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete