Saturday, May 30, 2020

Saturday? Already?

The days just fly by with so many naps. We successfully got Jack through his wellness appointment except that I had trimmed his nails the night before but doctor thought they looked way too long (!)

So he trimmed them some more. He said two of them bled but he put powder on them and he'll be ok. Dang! He did this before to Jill. Doesn't he have a trimmer with a guard? I do and I've never cut our dogs' nails and cause them to bleed.  I was really irritated that he did it again.

And yes, he charged us for the trim. It should have been free with an apology to Jack. This sweet, shy dog is so laid back, I'm sure he didn't even protest. Since we had curb service, I was in the car. If I had been in there I think I would have said something - or maybe not. I didn't say anything when he told me outside,

Oh. And he needs his teeth cleaned.

So do I.

3 comments:

  1. That same thing happened with Chloe earlier in the month. I took her to our favorite groomer friend and she trims them for a very reasonable price. Much less than at a vet. Then she went to the vet three days later and they trimmed them again. Just like Jack, two of hers bled. I was NOT happy. And they charged us $27.00 for it!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quick (the part that bleeds) recedes with every trim...so if you do it a week or so apart and just clip a little at a time. That is what I used to do with Chance. Poor Jack...I feel sorry for him as I know it hurts the dogs when they bleed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feelings exactly. You'd think a vet could figure it out.

      Delete