Thursday, May 21, 2020

A Book

In November, 2018 or oldest granddaughter asked if I would do Story Worth. Since I had no idea what this was, I said, "Please tell me more." (Or something like that. I really don't remember what I said but the thing was all new to me.)

It seems there is this company that will send you subjects to write about - things in your life from the beginning to now. If you aren't inspired by the subject of the day, you can choose another idea. Well, since I was already blogging and writing about present stuff, I could do that and write about my childhood - or whatever they had questions about. At the end of the year, it was possible to buy a book with all these short pieces published.

It went on, once a week, for a year. It was fun to see what ideas they suggested. None were very deep, or philosophic questions . . . mostly daily life.

And today the book arrived. Miss Taylor sent it to me and it is very nicely done! Lee and I are both excited about it. I had no idea it would be of such high quality.

Thank you, Taylor. It was a very lovely thing that you wanted me to do this and so kind of you to give me a copy!


6 comments:

  1. yeah! You are a book! What a thoughtful grand you have such a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of this, I checked it out and I love it. I think I'll just do it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so absolutely done so well, Jan. I had no idea what to expect - paperback, notebook, bound? It is hardback, bound!

      Delete
  3. I think it's a great idea. My best friend was given this as a Christmas gift by her son last year. She diligently worked on it every week and I'm looking forward to seeing hers when it's bound. I'm so happy for you both.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete