Friday, June 21, 2019

Not Spilling the Beans

Many years ago I had a friend who suspected her spouse (I love that word) of being unfaithful.

That is always sad and I think her friends tried to be supportive.

One day I was at a restaurant picking up an order to go and there was this spouse eating with a person who was not his wife. I remember I got this terrible feeling of being hot all over. What kind of emotion does that to you? As I walked out, I made a snarky remark about not knowing that he liked fish (which was the restaurant's reason for being.) He said, "I sure do."

I went home, fed the crew with the carry-out lunch and avoided seeing any of the friends or talking to them for the rest of the day.

The next day I got a call from my friend, who was laughing. She could hardly tell me what had happened. Her other half had come home and said, "I suppose Mary Lou told you I was having lunch with -----"  She looked him right in the eye and said, "I haven't talked to Mary Lou today. She said the look on his face was priceless. It was like one of the scenes in a movie when someone learns something that is unbelievable. True guilt can cause that look.






3 comments:

  1. Good for you! And good for your friend. There is nothing like realizing that you have cooked your own goose is there?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, that look... saw it once on my ex's face. Ha! Good for you and your friend! Blessings to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just how you feel as we caught our friend's husband with another woman...we didn't say anything either but I often wish I had. :)

    ReplyDelete