Saturday, April 14, 2018

Small Shakes

After a late breakfast yesterday, or brunch (!)| Lee decided he wanted a milk shake. So we went to our favorite place where they have about 63 flavors available. He told me he wanted a large. One look at the sign told me that a large was very large and cost over $6.00. He decided on a small chocolate which was only $3.00.

It is amazing to have lived long enough to remember when a milkshake was twenty-five cents and if you were inside the drugstore, they gave you the metal container it was "shaken" in to pour the rest of the contents into your glass.

So he got his shake and asked if I wanted some. "No, thanks."

The other small shake of the day was a 3.2 earthquake that was centered west of the town of South Hutchinson which is a separate city to the south. My chair jumped and there was a muffled bang. Lee thought a door had shut somewhere.  I immediately looked at the clock - 9:46 a.m. Later Facebook and the news verified the time.

We've been having a lot of these lately but this is the only second one I have felt. The other one was at night and was really loud. I thought someone had fallen out of bed and the dogs even alerted.

Shaky Kansas.

1 comment:

  1. Earthquakes oh my! We can still go to a place that gives you the rest of the shake or malt in the tall cup! We do not go there often:)

    ReplyDelete