Thursday, April 5, 2018

Kinder Egg

I have seen advertising for Kinder eggs. I thought I heard a long time ago that they were not allowed in the United States because of the choking hazard.

Every Friday our Dillon's (now Kroger's) has a free item that you can download to your cart. Last week it was a Kinder Egg. I picked it up today.
It was difficult to open but probably a three year old could do it. I found a cat, a launching pad and some targets with instructions for playing the game.
When I started to open the other side for the edible part, it was already open and nothing was inside!
I looked in my lap and all over the floor under my chair. My sister-in-law in New Jersey was online and laughing at me.
I finally realized the other half of the egg had not been opened and I was befuddled ((!)
So the photos show the items.  The candy part is from Poland and the toy is from China.

I thought they were a German item!

Oh. And the white plastic piece that looks like a silhouette is a spoon to eat the "sweet cream topped with cocoa wafer bites." The price was $1.59. I checked my receipt to be sure I got it free. The sign in the store said two for three dollars. Reminds me of something we might have paid a dime for - if we had had a dime.

1 comment: