Thursday, June 25, 2020

The Dumb Thing

Yesterday was the day of the "lulu."  I was in the shower and I  heard Lee calling me. He said the water was running in the kitchen sink. I said, "Turn it off."  His answer, "I did."

So when I got out and was dressed, I was ready to go mop up the mess. This was when I found out that even though the sink we had installed in 2008 after we moved in had no overflow drain, it was constructed with a lip around the edge. The divider between the two sinks, was lower and the water had gone over that barrier like a dam and drained out the other side. Luckily, I hadn't blocked up that side with the drain stopper. Nothing was on the floor. I just wasted a whole lot of water. 

This is the first time I had done this since we were in an apartment in Dodge City, KS, in 1955. I would bet that land lady never forgot the idiot girl who did it then. My record has been clean on this error for sixty-five years. I am determined to pay attention what I am doing from now on.

What could have distracted me? 

5 comments:

  1. I ave left outside faucets running, car door open, left vehicle running. I am so absent minded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Apparently something important was happening! I have the same kind of sink:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drove hubby's SUV to the grocery store. It's very different from my VW. When I came out, I realized I had left it running. I was lucky!

    See? you've not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we've all done things like that. I forget what I doing all of the time. I walk into a room and I've already forgotten what I went in there for!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. 65 years is a pretty good stretch!

    ReplyDelete