Thursday, June 18, 2020

Dog Trouble and More

There was a problem with the dog. We needed to see the vet. So we drove there and waited in the parking lot for them to open at 7:30 a.m. The dog involved is Jill, the rambunctious one. She was so excited while Jack sat quietly waiting calmly. After explaining the problem to the two girls, we signed a form and attempted to transfer dog to girl. The toe nails were trimmed a few weeks ago but they caught Lee's arm and slashed a gash and a large round opening the size of a silver dollar with a flap.

I asked him if he wanted to to same day care or the ER. No. We got home, bleeding all the way. He decided maybe we'd better go. Mask on, he entered the clinic. ("At the hospital, I'd be there all day.")
I stayed in the car. Luckily a strong breeze rocked the van so I wasn't heated - maybe a little motion sickness.

After fifty minutes he came out. They glued both places and waited fifteen minutes for it to dry. He can remove the bandage tomorrow.

Later I poured water over the blood in the garage. Luckily, we had two hand wipes in the car which Mike had sent us and they helped on the ride home. A towel wrapped it on the way to the clinic.

Not a restful start for a Thursday. In fact, pretty stressful. The girl at the small animal hospital called our house phone while we were at the clinic. So back to the car to pick up the dog. I totally forgot to give her the cell number. I came home and napped.

Hoping for a calmer tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no, yes the elderly have thinner skin...glad you got it taken care of. Hope it heals okay and hope Jill will be okay too. Yes calm is good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. It's so easy to get torn skin the older we get. I hope the healing process goes well.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I so hope today is a better day!!

    ReplyDelete