Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Best Socks


According to Lee, these are the best socks in the world. We bought one package yesterday and had to go back this morning for two more packs. That's nine pairs. He is so thrilled with how they feel, he insisted I wear a pair over night to see how cozy and soft they are.

This reminds me of a joke in Spanish. A man who spoke only Spanish went into a shop where they knew only English. He was looking for a particular item but didn't know how to say it so the clerk would understand. She finally guided him around the store until they came to the counter where the men's stockings were.  The man exclaimed, "Eso si que es!"  The clerk said, "Why didn't you spell it in the first place?"
That has stayed with me since high school.
Other memories are long gone. . .

P.S. To help you get it, that Spanish phrase is pronounced as if you are spelling S O C K S.

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I had to say it out loud with my junior high spanish.
    We bought Hubby some socks at Costco a few months ago and he insisted I go back for two more packs. He loves them that much!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know spanish. Glad he likes his new socks now he is a sock hoarder,,,nice that he will share with you:)

    ReplyDelete