Friday, June 19, 2020

Nice Rain

We had a nice rain overnight and a lot of thunder. This morning a trip to the co-op for more peanuts. The squirrels lead a life of leisure around here.

I was ready to make a meat loaf. Amazingly, I had no McCormick mix for an easy way to make it.
So the old method kicked in. Ground up bread crumbs, two eggs, steak rub, liquid smoke, garlic powder, a dash of beef broth, chopped onion and red pepper. 

I asked Lee how the meat loaf was. "Good." I explained. He said he would never have known it wasn't made with the mix.

I can cook!

6 comments:

  1. Yes you can cook! :) Can you replicate that recipe again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Lee "Happy Father's Day". He loves your cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds delicious! I would love meatloaf right now. I haven't bought much meat lately with the high prices. Meatloaf is Dennis' favorite.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete