Monday, June 8, 2020

People! What Are You Thinking?

A trip to the clinic for a follow up appointment. First let me say I woke up for the first time in more months than I can count with no pain. Not even my thumb hurt.

And now on to the important stuff. In the clinic I saw person after person with no mask. True, there were some of all ages wearing them but so many middle aged and elderly were not. I asked the APRN what was the deal? She said they were optional. The last time I was at the hospital, the sign said you must wear one.
Not at the clinic.

I told her they must not believe the news, their government, figures from over the world or the president. I saved the card, "Slow the Spread" from March 16th; President Trump's Coronavirus Guidelines For America.

OOPS. I just reread it. Not one word about wearing a mask. It does refer one to the site coronavirus.gov. 

I'll check that out - I know I heard it somewhere.

Later:  I found this quote on the .gov site:

Wearing cloth face coverings is a public health measure people should take to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in addition to (not instead of) social distancing, frequent hand cleaning, and other everyday preventive actions. A cloth face covering is not intended to protect the wearer but may prevent the spread of virus from the wearer to others. This would be especially important if someone is infected but does not have symptoms. Medical face masks and N95 respirators are still reserved for healthcare personnel and other first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same. I know they're hot. I know they're not comfortable at all, but they ARE needed.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure that mask wearing is a great reason for me to stay home and quilt and knit and read...

    We just got a letter from our church that we will have one outdoor service each week where we will sing. They are not allowing people to sing at the indoor services.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we wear ours... but I had an incident where the carbon-dioxide made me very dizzy and I had one of my sudden migraines. It was awful, so now I have to be really careful. Happens to my hubby, too. Good thing most of our time is spent at home anyway since we prefer to be homebodies! And I've seen the same thing, not a lot of people our ages wearing masks, let alone anyone else. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete