Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday - At Last

I would say this has been a long week but that's not exactly true. Some not so funny things happened that made it seem long but actually the weeks seem to fly by.

The dish washer soap dispenser failed to open and release the soap so the dishes weren't clean.
(I haven't tried the pods.)

The televisions have had freezing interruptions and loss of sound. Very irritating when I'm trying to follow a conversation - or Jeopardy!

And then last night at midnight I am sleeping. I hear my name called. Lee has fallen in the bedroom. He's not hurt. He's weak and cannot get up. We tried a dining room chair, a step ladder and finally a foot stool. He was able to use that. I was about to call 911 but we didn't need an ambulance. I am going to check and see if they have a number for "public assist." I use to see that on the police blotter in the newspaper about ten years ago. They don't publish that or fire calls or ambulance calls any longer.
On Sunday there is a crime page listing bankruptcies, domestic problems, theft etc.

Old age ain't for sissies.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you have any luck with that assistance number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The advice: call 911 and the dispatch will decided if you need an ambulance or just the fire department. The police are usually busier than the FD. (And my thought, many less police than fire people.)

    ReplyDelete