Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Alert!

I suggest we all look at our grocery receipts. Today I bought just what I needed, no sauntering up and down the aisles looking for new stuff. One of the items on my list was dried beef. We had some a few weeks ago so I knew exactly where the product was located. The shelf was empty and a small sign said, "Temporarily out." Ok.

After we were home, I checked to see if the few coupons I had were applied. Yes, they were! It's so neat to choose an item you want and find it online with a discount. Add it to your list and it is automatically discounted when you buy it using your Dillon/Kroger card.

So today, looking at the receipt, I saw RECALL NOTICE at the bottom. Wow. It was the dried beef we were eating last week in the well known recipe "Sh&* on a Shingle" as it was known in the military. Although we had not any illness from eating it, I went to the fridge and threw out what was left in the container.

So, even though Big Brother of the Grocery store knows what you buy, what you use coupons for and offers you specials on those things, they will also warn you. One good thing about a big brother!

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you didn't get sick. I am beginning to wonder how much of our food is safe to use:(

    ReplyDelete