Saturday, January 25, 2020

Too Much in One Day

I didn't have a burst of energy but I did more today than usual. Cleaning the kitchen floor, doing several loads of laundry, folding and putting it away is not a hard job. I usually do those two things on different days.

And then there was the trip to buy pet, food - for feral cats, squirrels and our dogs. Luckily, that was all available in the same place! Then to buy yarn and some coffee that isn't available at our grocer's lately.

On to the grocery store about two o'clock. I thought the crowd would be thinned out. There were literally no parking places in the lot unless I wanted to walk a block and a half in the cold. I did not. We just went home and decided to go back later.

About four fifteen we went back. There were still lots of people but we found a parking spot. I had a new (to me) coupon from Dillons/Kroger. Buy $70 worth of groceries and get $7.00 off. Worked for me.

By the time we got all the food put away (the cashier said I saved $33!) we both were ready to rest. No nap!  Just sitting down.

2 comments:

  1. We try our best to stay out of stores on the weekend. Too many people and lots of germy little kids:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did get a lot done today. I rarely go to the grocery store on the weekends since I stopped working. The crowds are just too much for me. It drives me crazy. I usually go about 7:00 am during the week. Much quieter. :-)
    I hope your Sunday is much quieter and restful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete