Saturday, January 18, 2020

Is New Always Better?

A few days ago a suggestion was received from the other half to have some tuna and noodle casserole. Fine by me. We both like casseroles.

So on the trip to the store, I bought noodles. I hadn't checked before I left home to see if we had any. Same with mushroom soup. I knew we had frozen peas and onion. Completely forgot that there should be 1/4 cup sour cream. (Hardly seems like enough to make a big difference in a good size recipe.) I dropped in a couple of tsp. of mayonnaise instead.

I was at the soup aisle when I saw a "new" can of mushroom soup for cooking. I'll try anything once so I added it with a can of the regular type.
I brought it home and after I got everything together for the tuna noodle casserole, I opened the can. What in the world?
It looked like beef gravy to me. I put it in the plastic container and opened the can of "regular" mushroom soup. All was well with dinner. I can't imagine the look if we had a tuna casserole with brown gravy!

By the way, I also had noodles so now we have plenty of those too.

6 comments:

  1. You have made me hungry for tuna noodle casserole! I will have to check to see if I have the ingredients. You're right, I can't imagine gravy and tuna together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't like anything mushroom so I always substutute CReam of Chicken there is no changing chicken:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doesn't look right to me at all. I was hungry for tuna casserole when Dennis was in Omaha so I made a small one and ate it for dinner and lunch for two days! It was SO good. I used the good old fashioned cream of mushroom soup though. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did add some of that weird, dark, mushroom soup to some homemade hamburger soup that I made and it seem to blend in nicely and tasted good!

    ReplyDelete