Saturday, August 18, 2018

Poached?

I don't remember ever making a poached egg. Fried? Yes. Boiled, yes, Microwave scrambled, yes. Cooked in plastic bags in a boiling pot of water with onion, green pepper, chopped cooked bacon added, yes. (Our granddaughters in Texas thought this was a loser.)

My mom used to poach eggs. So yesterday I poached an egg!

The directions on the chicken apple sausage said to simmer it in water until heated through. It's already fully cooked. So I thought, "Hmmm, simmering water. I'll try a poached egg."

It was successful and I placed it on top of a piece of wheat toast. Very tasty.

2 comments:

  1. I usually don't make poached eggs I like scrambled. I make a tasty egg bake with cubes of ham and cheese and bake in the oven until the eggs are set:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good. I have made a frittata (spelling?) which is made in the oven. A nice change from fried.

      Delete