Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Peanut Butter

I like peanut butter. I usually buy the chunky Jif now that it's available. Lee decided he would buy some smooth and found some called Bee's Knees, from Peanut Butter & Co. since 1998. After reading the label, I discovered it has some honey in it! "peanut butter blended with scrumptious honey." We used to mix our Skippy's with honey!

When I was a kid. the oil separated from the peanut butter and we stirred it back in. This must have been before homogenized everything - well milk, anyway.

So reading more on the label of Bee's Knees, I saw that refrigeration is not necessary. And then: if Oil Separates Just Stir it back in! (their capitalization and punctuation.)

But wait. The ingredients: "Our Simple Ingredients: Peanuts, cane sugar, honey, palm oil, natural honey flavor, salt." So what is natural honey flavor?

I tried it on some wheat toast. Very nice.

2 comments: