Friday, August 31, 2018

Early Trip to the Grocery Store

After breakfast of French Toast, sprinkled with salt and pepper (no powdered sugar, please) we had to go buy dog bones and croissants with cherry filling. I bought a pound of hamburger for supper.

The Friday Free item was available so  I picked that up. Photo below. Remind me of Cheetos without the messy fingers. Very fresh and crunchy!

Such necessary trips.

I have seen a discussion about the dates that different folks get their SS checks. . .the first Wednesday, the third Thursday, the last Friday etc.

They much have changed this since I was eligible. Mine is always on the 3rd of the month.

Thank goodness for that "insurance" plan. People say it's our money because we paid it in. Yes, we paid but it depends on how much you earned and the amount you qualify for. I feel so lucky that I worked and have that extra coming in now.  I have received so much more back than I ever paid in. I'm sure that is the case for others as well. Some people don't see it that way!

2 comments:

  1. I bought some dried peas kind of snack, gluten free haven't tried it yet.
    I get my SS deposit on the third Wednesday of every month. Yes I am greatful for mine too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine comes 3rd Wednesday
    My teacher retirement comes end of month
    I have already drawn out more than I paid in for both.
    I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete