Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The Wind and the Door

We had some strong winds two nights in a row. Thankfully they were straight winds with no twisters near us.

The first night the wind loosened this door because it had not been properly latched. It was torn loose at the top with the small screws exposed but it was still attached at the bottom.

Last night I thought I had pulled the door tight and that the latch was engaged. Well, this morning I found out I was wrong. Luckily the glass was not broken but another gust evidently finished the job with only the door prop still attached.

Why would someone install a storm door on the back of a garage anyway? It was there when we moved in but I think it will be gone now.

3 comments:

  1. We have winds here tonight...bringing on rain I think...only 30 mph so we can deal with that. Sorry about your door:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. WInd has been an issue all over the country this week! We've had some strong ones too. I'm sorry about your door. I have an idea of why someone had a door on the garage. When we lived in Nebraska the mosquitoes were really bad but we liked having the door to outside open when we were in the garage working to get air, so we installed a screen door. One of the old-fashioned ones that has a satisfying "bang" when it slams closed. :-) . I loved that door. I'm sorry this has made more work for you though.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the door is still in good shape (the glass did not break!) our son will reinstall the next time he comes to visit!

      Delete