Sunday, May 12, 2019

Doughnuts in November

We have a new doughnut shop in town. We have bought some there from time to time. One particular kind called Old Fashioned is our favorite without icing. They usually only have three when we go there in the morning. I asked about ordering a dozen. Sure!

So Saturday afternoon I called and placed the order. They even called me back to confirm it. They open at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday. I told them I'd be there shortly after 6:00.

The alarm went off and off we went. The sign in the window as we drove in said Open. Around to the drive up window and there were no lights, no people and no doughnuts on the racks. Hmmm.

From my cell I called their number. The recording said they were sorry but they were closed and would reopen November 26th.

That's a long wait for Old Fashioned plain doughnuts.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm speechless. What happened between ordering on Saturday and picking them up this morning? DId everyone leave town? It's a mystery, but I sure would find somewhere else to buy my Old Fashioned donuts. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Closed for Mother's Day! They say the left me a message but I didn't get a message on either phone.

      Delete
  2. Really? I would can tomorrow again. Might be faster to make your own doughnuts:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I called again this morning. They always have just three of the variety that we want. The kitchen was closed so they couldn't make any today. I think we just gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I would be give up too. The only place in our town (south central Missouri) that sells donuts is Casey's, which are made there and ready at 6 a.m.. Someone always brings them for Sunday School, and they are surprisingly good.

    ReplyDelete