Thursday, May 9, 2019

Blue Bag Trash?

Monday the postman left a blue plastic bag with our mail. This is done every year and this Saturday is the day the post office has their carriers pick up any non-perishable food items for our local food bank. I think this is a very good idea.

We had a can of soup called minestrone. Lee did not like it when we had it a few weeks ago so I decided to put that can in the blue bag. (That soup is $1.99 a can. Not cheap like some other brands we use!)

I had added a couple of other cans of green beans and corn and left the bag on the drier across from the shelves where we keep our canned goods. Today I bought some more cans but couldn't find the blue bag. I looked all over the kitchen and the pantry/wash room. Then I looked in the pantry. A can of minestrone soup! I knew we hadn't had two cans. Hmmmmm.

So, of course, I asked Lee if he had seen the blue bag with the cans. Nope.  He said it was no big deal as I was ranting about freaky things happening and stuff disappearing.

In a few minutes he said, "Maybe I threw it in the recycle." With full cans in it? Then, "Maybe I took the cans out and put the bag in the trash, but I don't remember doing that." Sooo I looked in the trash can and sure enough - an empty blue plastic bag under some garbage. I took it out, wiped it off, put the minestrone and the four cans I bought today in the sack and asked him to please leave it on the dryer.

We sure waste a lot of time looking for stuff. Like bags. And brooms.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. :) That is a great idea to collect for food shelves! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is collected here stays at the local food bank. I guess there is a need every where.

      Delete