Friday, May 3, 2019

A Coincidence

A trip to the store this morning and to the bank within the store to draw out some cash. We are so old fashioned that we use money instead of a debit card.

I already had cash in my wallet - $81 - which I knew would be more than enough to get whatever things I needed to pick up: coffee, paper towels, TP, mayonnaise, bread, soup, hamburger, milk, some breakfast bagels and some more Ensure to make me strong and full of protein.

I got to the cashier who was new to me and very friendly. The previous customer tried his charge card about six times and finally had to abandon his groceries. He asked her if she could hold them for him. I guess he was going for cash. He said he'd be back.

She rang up all my purchases and the total was $80.81. I told her she emptied my wallet!

The lesson here for me is always go to the bank before shopping for food - even if you think you have plenty of money.

P.S. $6.74 of that amount was sales tax. It's 9% here in our town.

1 comment:

  1. Sales tax is something else. Here too 7 % something. I rarely use my debit card...I always use a credit card and pay off the purchases every month and get cash rewards. 3 % on Groceries with one card...it all adds up:)

    ReplyDelete