Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Time Marches On

At ten minutes till two I get a phone call. Can I come in at 2:15 for the MRI?

Yes, I can.

I had not had one of those procedures for several years but I did remember that there is a lot of noise involved.

I arrived and after a bunch of questions, they placed me "in the machine." What kind of music. I don't care. Western? I don't care. Old Western? I don't care.

It's good that I did not care because I could hear no music except a faint sound in the left ear. Right ear was filled with terrible, loud, horrible noise. Half way through the twenty minute ordeal, the voice broke in and asked if I was doing ok. I told them the noise was very loud in the right ear. They said it might not be on tight. Well, they put it on. I don't mean to sound bitter because the helpers were all very nice. They just need to advise how loud the noise it and check the head phones!

So I may hear something about the results tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment: