Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Getting into College

Several generations ago when I graduated from high school, I remember taking the test at the local  junior college to see if I knew enough to enroll there. As far as I remember, my mom and dad did not know about it except that I was taking the test. I don't know if it was called a SAT test or college entrance exam or what! I do remember that I was nervous because I wanted to do well.

A generation later, our boys both enrolled at the "community" college. Someone decided "junior" was demeaning. I had no conversations with them about taking the a test for entrance. Later they both dropped out of the local school and went to Kansas State University.  Again, no contact with them about testing.

So what happened from the 1980's to the present time when parents are arranging fake tests, fake athletic scholarships and other illegal ways to get their kids into preferred schools?  Maybe this was happening years ago with large monetary donations and it was kept quiet.

Wouldn't life be simpler if everyone just told the truth and stopped cheating to advance their position in  life?

1 comment:

  1. Yeas and a half a million dollars to get two gals into a school...I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete