Thursday, April 4, 2019

Saving Money

Our grocer has a card available. We use it every time we buy groceries. Yesterday the card was not in my wallet.  Lee had gone into the store last week and he had used it.

It was my fault I didn't check my wallet and I left the keys in the car with the key ring card on it so Lee could listen to the radio if he wanted to.

So I get to the cashier and no card. But I know our phone number! It wouldn't key in on the device. So the cashier tried to key it in. Nope. Then he asked me what the expiration date was on the card.
What?  I didn't know they expired. So nothing worked.

My receipt was the shortest I have ever received there. No discounts on anything. And at the bottom is an invitation to get one of their cards. And - "You could have saved $12.21 if you had had a card."

Bummer.  I'm still mad at myself for not checking my wallet for the card, for leaving the keys in the car and for the device not accepting my phone number.  AND for the cashier unable to key in the phone number.

The nice customer behind me offered to let me use his card.. .. .. is that even legal?





2 comments: