Friday, April 26, 2019

Non-Political

I hope no one thinks this offering is political. I don't mean it in that way.

The way I want this to be viewed is just STUPID.

When I was a kid, we listened to Kate Smith on the radio. She had a wonderful voice. She was even in a few movies. She introduced the song, God Bless America.

She was inspiring and I admired her success. She showed that people could do well without being a typical model figure. (She and my mom were quite similar in build.)

This item has not received much notice in the news or maybe I have missed it on the tv media. I did see it on the internet. Because she sang two songs in the early thirties that mentioned black people as "darkies," they have wrapped her statue at the Flyers stadium in cloth and are considering removing it altogether. I understand the Flyers played a recording of her singing before the game or at the half. They have also stopped that tribute.

I do not agree with removing our history.

What will they remove next?

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand it either and agree all the removing of historical statues is stupid:( and SAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you both. If we take them down , will we remember them?

    ReplyDelete