Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Tuesday Car Repair Day

Today the car goes to the $garage for needed repairs. I guess you have to trust people but sometimes I wonder. The car is old - 1998 is old. Not too many miles and as long as it can go two miles there and two miles back, we'll be ok. That's the approximate distance from home to the grocers and the clinic.

But when the mechanic says the steering needs work, that gets my attention.

Another remark about a large rat in the front brake also made us pay attention. There are mice in the garage (eating the bird seed) but we hadn't seen a rat! The guy then said maybe it was a very large, well-fed mouse.

And of course, for the first time this winter I felt a cold coming on. So back to the over the counter medicine that I believe helps me. Drinking lots of water while I made chicken soup. I had planned to make it anyway but I've heard it's good for a cold.

I had it for supper and this morning for breakfast. The first time I ever thought about having something for breakfast besides cereal, bacon, eggs or French toast, pancakes or waffles, was when our boys were in grade school. The principal said if they want pizza for breakfast it's ok. It's better than no breakfast at all. Since then I have eaten many things for breakfast that may seem unusual.
If you want to have a Great Breakfast, check out what they serve in Germany. Now, that's a breakfast.

Now, off to the $garage for maintenance.

Later: The work was done by noon! I went back by means of their shuttle driver. Went to the cashier window and they advised me I needed to go out where I left the car in the $garage. The person who checked me in had the papers.  Back out to the place I had just walked through. Your agent just went to lunch but another one can help. So he tells me to go back to the cashier and he'd bring the papers in there.

What a weird way to make a little old lady in tennis shoes run around the business. They must have a good reason for this but I haven't figured it out yet.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing to get your vehicle all checked over. We have mice in the garage with the bird seed also...I hate mice. Next summer I think I will convert all bird seed containers to steel cans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. We have plastic tubs but I'm afraid some gets spilled on the floor.

      Delete