Friday, January 11, 2019

Some Days Just Slip By

I didn't write anything yesterday. The most exciting thing we did was go to the store.

Another light bulb burned out. I don't know where they test these bulbs but they don't last as long as the claim on the package. Maybe they test them for five years and then put them on the market. Another year adds up to the six years they claim. And then they burn out.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a ceiling light. I don't want to see either one of us up on a step ladder. So the hall will be dark until one of the tall sons arrives. I'm thinking about buying one of those gadgets seen on tv that hang up anywhere and lights up the area. I haven't seen one of those ads for a long time. We'll have to check out the local hardware store to see if they might carry them.

And now we have rain for a day and possible flurries tomorrow. It is winter.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe that bulb already burned out!! I'll buy you a bulb replacement tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we have noticed that they don't last as long as they are supposed to. I do have a small battery operated light that we use in a dark spot under the stairs, it works well. Just don't leave it on!

    ReplyDelete