Monday, January 7, 2019

Is Monday Wash Day?

It seems as though we wash any day of the week now but years ago it was definitely Monday when we washed clothes. There were even a set of tea towels embroidered with what a house wife would do on each day.

Tuesday was iron (naturally after the clothes were clean.) The only other two I remember were bake on Saturday and church on Sunday. Cleaning and shopping must have been in there too.

So today I did laundry. Then Someone decided it was the day to get the car washed AND get the oil changed. I can't remember the last time we did either one of those things but it has been a while.

At the car wash I had the gear shift in reverse instead of neutral. Slight glitch. At the auto shop we have an appointment at 3:00 so I'll miss my date with Dr, Phil. Oh well, Judy can fill me in.

Then Someone decided it was the day to get his hair cut.  I just finished using the vacuum to clean up the hair off the back porch.

Some days a woman's work is never done.

2 comments:

  1. Yes wash day was Monday, iron on Tuesday,I think cleaning and baking were in there too. I still have a set of towels made by my husbands grandmother as a wedding gift 50 years ago this year. I will blog about them someday. Aloha, ‘‘tis a beautiful day here today, some clods some sun, blue ocean....and no snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a beautiful day too - in the upper 50's.

      Delete