Sunday, January 6, 2019

A Little Spring-like Day

They promised fifty-nine but the clouds stuck around and I don't think it got over fifty-six. That's close enough.

Another trip to the grocery store for some stuff that Someone didn't tell me he wanted yesterday.

Then back to the ball game that ended while we were gone. Last night I slept through the Dallas game. I need to get my sleep schedule adjusted.

I made a meat loaf. At the end of the cooking time I used the thermometer and it was a much higher temperature than "well done."  But when I cut into the middle, quite a bit of reddish "juice" ran out. Back into the oven for fifteen minutes more. Now that I think about it, I added Worcestershire sauce and some liquid smoke. Maybe that liquid was more brown than red.

It was definitely done and Lee liked it. He says it's better dry than juicy.

4 comments:

  1. You have summer there! We are still relaxing, enjoying the warm weather, some days are way to warm for me. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t like meat loaf unless it’s done. It won’t slice well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct! I want all the meat I eat to be DONE!

      Delete
  3. Winter is still here in Texas, windchill in the 30s:(

    ReplyDelete