Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Check's in the Mail

Yesterday Lee received a letter from a well known veteran's association. Inside besides a letter was a check for $2.50 made out to him. We thought that was odd. Neither one of us read the letter then.

Later I picked the letter up and read the whole thing. The deal is, they would like to have us send the check back with an additional donation. The main idea is that most people won't read the letter and will just cash the check. (Yep, that would have been us.) Flattering him, they stated they "couldn't just send real checks you can actually cash to everyone. But I knew if I sent one to you, you would read my letter understand how urgent the need is and return it to me."

Guess what we did.

2 comments:

  1. And if you give to anything you are flooded with other requests. I just don't donate through the mail or from phone call. It also bugs me when stores ask me to donate to the charity they chose and guess get s credit for the giving--the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they sent it to you then I would cash it:)

    ReplyDelete